Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Calories: 47 kcal per serving
Caramelized onions give the unique flavor to these easy to make pork chops. Great with parsley potatoes! Super easy to make incredibly affordable dish, and just really flavorful. To be honest with you guys it’s not the most pretty looking dish but it’s really good.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- Rub your chops with 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown your pork chops on both sides Then add your onions and water to the pan.
- reduce the heat then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn the chops over, and add the remaining salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until water starts to evaporate and onions turn light to medium brown. Remove chops from pan, serve it with onions on top.
Serve it with some cauliflower mash or called flour rice. And yeah any leftovers are also great if you cut them up and add them into salad or something like that.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 47 calories; protein 0.5g; carbohydrates 4g; fat 3.5g; sodium 691.5mg.